|Location||Niles, MI*||*Position is based out of Niles, MI|
Southwestern Michigan Community Ambulance serves the greater Niles and Buchanan area in southwest Michigan.
The Paramedic is responsible for the delivery of patient care and documentation on Advanced Life Support runs, and associated documentation on BLS calls according to Company policies, local Medical Control and the State of Michigan rules and regulations. The Paramedic is responsible to the Project Medical Director or designee in the performance of duties in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures. The Paramedic is responsible for overseeing the medical care provided by lower licensed personnel. The Paramedic reports to the Shift Captain, the Operations Manager and ultimately to the Executive Director.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Render patient care, which may include lifting and carrying patients, to the level of licensure and level of training and consistent with Berrien County Medical Control and Cass County Medical Control treatment guidelines and as directed by the local Medical Control.
- Complete all required paperwork, e.g. run sheets, billing sheets, daily check sheets, etc. before leaving shift each day.
- Maintain current licensure and certifications as required by the Company, the State of Michigan, and the Berrien County Medical Control Board.
- Report all incidents and/or accidents in writing in a timely fashion to the Shift Captain, Operations Manager or Executive Director.
- Participate in community education and public service/public relation events as scheduled by SMCAS.
- Complete daily duties before leaving shift each day.
- Complete routine and basic maintenance of the building and grounds as scheduled and/or as assigned by the Shift Supervisor, the Operations Manager, or the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor, the Operations Manager, or the Executive Director.
- High School Graduate.
- Current State of Michigan Emergency Medical Technician license to the level of Paramedic.
- Current American Heart Association or Red Cross BCLS and ACLS certification. (Obtained within six (6) months for newly hired staff not already certified)
- Valid Drivers License.
- Good physical health as documented by a pre-employment physical provided by a physician designated by SMCAS.
- Approved by the Berrien County Project Medical Director or designee to operate in the Berrien County and the Cass County Project Medical Director or designee to operate in Cass County.
Shift Captain/Operations Manager/Executive Director
Berrien County Medical Control (for medical care)
Cass County Medical Control (for medical care)