|Job Title||Wheelchair Van Transport Specialist*|
|Location||Niles,MI*||*Position is based out of Niles, MI|
SOUTHWESTERN MICHIGAN COMMUNITY AMBULANCE SERVICE
TITLE: WHEELCHAIR VAN DRIVER
REPORTS TO: Shift Captain
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To safely transport persons with limited mobility to and from home and/or medical facilities.
- Complete all required paperwork before leaving shift each day.
- Maintain current licensure and certifications as required by the Company.
- Report all incidents and/or accidents in writing in a timely fashion to the Shift Captain, the Operations Manager or the Executive Director.
- Participate in community education and public service/public relation events as scheduled by SMCAS.
- Complete a daily check-off of the condition of the wheelchair van before beginning transport schedule. Notify the Shift Captain or Operations Manager of any vehicle malfunctions. Notify the Shift Captain and/or the Operations Manager of the need for any routine maintenance in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Shift Captain, the Operations Manager, or the Executive Director.
- High School Graduate.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR certification.
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Good physical health as documented by a pre-employment physical provided by a physician designated by SMCAS.